Monday 23 December 2013

My media book


I have taken part in a project where focusing on anatomy, nature, plants, microscopic and insects I have worked in an old book on textured paper with many different media focusing on different areas of anatomy. 
I went to Manchester museum looking at these different areas and photographed interesting pieces and objects. I found microscopic slides of wood which I have reflected on some of the pages within my media book with acrylic and ink, water colour and fine liner. I also developed onto the eggs of butterflies as my main focus was on bugs and butterflies, which I reflected in white acrylic on textured paper, drawn with black fine liner. 
I also researched Encaustic styles which is working with wax. I used some collected twigs, leaves and moss which I mounted onto a acrylic covered page in my book with wax. The wax engulfed the objects and created a frosted look over the top. 
I also worked with brusho painted which created gorgeous textures for prints. I loved how the colours all connected together and worked well next to each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment