Monday 23 December 2013

Arctic Monkeys Poster and Album Cover

Poster Design for Arctic Monkeys
Prints used on the design 

CD Cover for Arctic Monkeys 

My project brief was to design a gig poster and album cover for a band of my choice that fit in with the theme 'Inside, Outside, Inbetween'. I set out to design the poster and album cover for the band Arctic Monkeys reflecting their music and lyrics concerning nostalgia, rebellion and relationships for one of their secret gigs.
I researched lyrics and their music videos all portraying desirable, rebellious and sensual women. Therefore I created mono prints of three models I photographed in luring poses who looked directly in the camera to show a sense of direct excitement to reflect the same excitement of that inside the gig itself. 
Anna Wilson, Wes Wilson and Greg Gossel were the main artists that inspired me throughout my final designs. I added texture inspiredly Greg Gossel which I edited into hand drawn typography of different lines of lyrics as well as the mono prints. The poster only consisted of the lyrics rather than the band name of Arctic Monkeys to keep the sense of secrecy and excitement as well as to portray the deeper meaning inside their lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment